Microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag
With a handful of corn for popcorn, a little oil and salt and a brown paper bag you can make your own microwave popcorn.
Recently one of my colleagues told me that it is possible to make popcorn in the microwave in a brown paper bag. I mean, like that bag covered in colors that they sell in the store, but in my own personalized version.
Anyway, I wanted to create some funny flavors of popcorn, so I decided to try this method at the same time. It turns out that it works. I show you how I did it.
1. Mix half a cup of corn seeds for popcorn with half a tablespoon of vegetable oil and salt.
2. Put the popcorn in a brown paper bag. The size? The ones used to carry the lunches are large enough.
3. Close the bag carefully. I leave you a procedure that works. Fold parallel with the edge and then fold the corners inwards, so that the edge looks like a trapeze. Finally it breaks a small tab on each inclined plane of the trapeze.
4. Put them in the microwave for two minutes at maximum power. The exact time depends on your microwave.
Some additional tips
• Making popcorn is fun, but do not neglect the bag in the microwave. If you leave it for a long time they could get burned.
• When opening the bag beware of steam, it can burn your hands. And do not blow them! Serve them in a bowl and they are ready to eat.
• It is preferable that there are a few unexploited seeds left to burn the popcorn. Keep that in mind. Have fun!
• These popcorn go very well with an orange iced tea with cinnamon. Try it and you will see!
You can find more information in seriouseats