Walnut tea cookies
Ingredients (makes 24-30 cookies):
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup nuts (although you can use pecans)
- 1 / 4 cup extra fine sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
Confectioner's sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toast walnuts on a baking paper sheet on a tray for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool.
- Chop the nuts with a tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar until soft. Add vanilla.
- Add the flour and then nuts.
- If dough is too soft, put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough and make small balls.
- Place the balls with separation between them on baking paper sheet and bake for 15 minutes until becoming gold.
- Remove them from oven and decorate with icing sugar. Let them cool.